As of April 2023, there were 150,174 convenience stores in the United States, with 118,678 of those selling fuel. Not surprisingly, Texas has the largest number of convenience stores, accounting for about 10% of the nationwide total! This means that a lot of the gas pump repair in Texas we work on happens at convenience stores. It is interesting to note that around 80% of the gas purchased across the United States is purchased at a local convenience store! The remaining 20% of retail fueling sales comprises kiosk fueling sites, hypermarkets or big box stores (like Sam's Club, Walmart, or Kroger), and service stations.
Let's explore why convenience stores have the lion's share of retail fuel sales!
Convenience stores dominating gasoline sales is not a new thing. It has been this way for decades. However, it wasn't always the case. If we look back to 1971, only 7% of convenience stores had gas pumps. However, with self-fueling starting to become more popular, customers were keen to embrace lower gas prices and the ability to shop at the same time. By the mid-1980s, convenience stores were responsible for most of the gas sold in the United States. Today, convenience stores often sell a significant amount of gasoline for several reasons:
In summary, convenience stores sell a significant amount of gas due to their strategic locations, the appeal of one-stop shopping, impulse buying, extended hours, and various marketing strategies. These factors combine to create a successful business model that caters to drivers' fueling needs while encouraging additional purchases. When you work with PumpTex, we can perform routine maintenance and gas pump repairs in Texas to keep your convenience store serving your customers smoothly.
When you need gas pump repair in Texas, you need a partner that offers unparalleled expertise and service. It is essential to provide our customers with access to skilled technicians who are trained in all aspects of gas pump repair in Texas. We also know that a quick response is invaluable to keep your location pumping. Whether you are experiencing minor mechanical glitches or a major breakdown, every job is a priority to us. We always seek to improve, and our team participates in ongoing training and education to stay current with the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a proven track record in the petroleum services industry with many happy customers. Choose PumpTex for gas pump repair that combines technical expertise, prompt service, and a dedication to ensuring your fueling operations run smoothly, efficiently, and profitably.
We Keep You Pumping!
PumpTex, Inc. was founded in 1997 in the back of a garage with the dream of bringing a new level of customer service to the retail petroleum service industry. Over the years, we have grown to become a valuable resource to our customers. Many consider us to be the first responders of the retail petroleum service industry!888-906-PUMP (7867)
It's time to bring a new level of customer service to the retail petroleum service industry.
We search for the “WOW” moment in each and every customer interaction. Our team is known in the industry to have the best customer service and follow-up in our industry.
As a team, we also work intelligently to provide a valuable and tailored experience to each of our customers. We derive a great sense of pride from engaging our customers in a professional relationship.
Any client, vendor or media provider interacting with PumpTex discerns that our unique culture and operating practices separate us from our competitors and are drawn to our way of doing business.
We offer real-time solutions to the problems our clients experience. Being a resource to our customers and becoming their eyes and ears in the field enables them to maximize uptime and profits.